Me and David Lee

Me and David Lee
Riding together for the cause!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Climb Climb and more Climbs


This weekend offered a strong challenge. On Saturday I rode the optional climbing clinic with Mari and Lisa. It was a 52 mile route up and down the hills around the Lake Cuyamaca area. We gained 4,000 feet in elevation over the route. It took a little under four hours to finish. Sundays ride was tougher and longer. We had the longest continuous climb I have faced at the beginning of a ride. After four miles or so we climbed for 13 miles continuously! Whew what a climb. Rob Tennent and I rode and whined together. Actually we finished pretty strong completing the 57 miles of ups and downs in about 4 hours and 40 minutes. I am happy that I did not cramp up or get too sore after back to back tough rides. David Lee who is in the photo in the top of this blog rode with us too. David is amazing and an inspiration to me. Man he can crank those hand pedals and really flies on the downhills

I also made some new friends, Angie and Daisy. Angie is Rob's wife and Daisy is their little dog. Daisy is the cutest pup I think I have ever seen. Everyone loved her and we all decided we want our own Daisy so if anyone knows where to find a dog like this please let me know. The best part though was the awesome lunch and dinner that my wonderful wife Jayne cooked . I was so hungry all day and she had plenty of nutritious food for us.
I am hosting a poker tournament August 22nd to raise money for the Qualcomm Million Dollar Challenge ride. The big winner will have the chance to be an official NFL photographer for a day with all day full field access to the Chargers/Broncos Monday Night Football game! This is a chance of a lifetime opportunity. There will be prizes for all tourney finalists plus food, raffles and more. If you are interested or know anyone who is please e-mail me at rjmillum@sbcglobal.net or call at 619-322-8894.

No comments:

Post a Comment