Me and David Lee

Me and David Lee
Riding together for the cause!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Flying High






The last 2 days have been crazy. Scott and Billy Ray at 1090 radio gave each of the 5 contestants a roll of 1090 banner and said from 5am to 9am Thursday and Friday get out and promote the station. Thursday morning I started in the dark at 5am and put banners on the I-8 and Grossmont Blvd overpass, then more on the 8 and College, I-15 and Aero Dr. and also on the fence along the 52 and Convoy. I was out of banners so I went to the station and picked up some more. Friday I was deciding between doing Sante Fe Station downtown or going up on a crane right over Hwy 67 in Lakeside. After hearing about the great things the others were doing I chose the crane. Bob's Crane in Lakeside was very generous with their time and the cranes. It took a couple of hours, two cranes and several of their guys to accomlish this. A big thank you to Bob, Chris, Todd and the rest of the folks at Bobs Crane you were awesome! Actually other than getting used to the height it was pretty cool being up there. People were honking, waving and wondering what this guy is doing hanging next to the freeway waving 1090 banners. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next challenge whatever it may be!

1 comment:

  1. I saw a team 1090 chalking on the road on Torrey Pines this am !! now it makes sense !

    RW

    ReplyDelete